Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Why Are We Talking About This?

The Belmont Club has a post about how our society is changing from a moral one that stood for good to one that empowers evil.

It does this by promoting the opposite of what is being discussed on Journey to Scetis.

While Evangelic Christianity is growing in the US, it is very shallow. Only a third of Evangelical kids know what Grace is. A commitment to knowledge of God through Tradition (which includes Scripture) enables us to know Him so our love can grow for Him. The purpose of the methods of prayer and disciple of the Desert Fathers was this Theosis. And thereby becoming a light to others.

3 Comments:

Blogger atgnatus said...

Read the linked story at City Journal. I'm sure it is all old news but it reinforces the need for us to take responsibility for being people of God.

12:25 AM  
Blogger atgnatus said...

I just wanted to clarify how this story affects me. Of course, as a parent it makes me want to redouble my efforts to be a responsible father. And I do say the Prayer of Parents for their Children even more earnestly.

However, I know that following the "rule" will not earn me extra magic protection points or whatever. Regardless of my efforts, God's Will will be done.

What reading something like this stirs in me is a desire to make it as clear as possible Who it is I server and that I reject all the works of the Devil.

I makes me hope that through prayer, self discipline, charity, love and involvement with my fellow man I might be counted as one who contested for Christ - as meager as my efforts may be.

1:02 AM  
Blogger xofezura said...

Abba Anthony said, 'A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying, "You are mad, you are not like us."

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home