Saturday, May 14, 2005

Rosary Thoughts

I tried doing the Rosary last night (Sorrowful Mysteries).

I don't now how other people think, but my interior monologue runs every minute I'm awake and gets divided into 3 or 4 threads. So work thoughts, part-time business thoughts, thoughts about the family, and a free-floating "topic of the week" set of thoughts all compete for space. Absolutely maddening, especially when sitting in traffic.

Anyway, the problem with "pray by talking to Jesus as a friend" for me is that only one thread gets occupied--and it is mostly full of blather on my side. Thus it's like having a conversation in a noisy restaurant.

So ... my Rosary experience. One thread was fully occupied by the recitation of the prayers, another by visualizing the mysteries, another by "this kneeling is making my legs tired!" ... leaving only one thread to wander, get distracted, etc.

So, it worked. This time. Some old-time Catholics report that saying the Rosary becomes one hundred percent mechanical over time. In my case, time will tell I suppose.

4 Comments:

Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home